Monday, December 14, 2009

Finding 'Peace' this Christmas Season

"The Christmas season can seem hectic, but the angels sang of 'peace on earth'. In what ways do you find peace in your celebration of Christmas?" (Dec 2009 Ensign, p 34)

This year I have been kind of a scrooge about Christmas thinking that the season just brought more to do. I came across this quote the other day which reminded me I just need to adjust my attitude. "Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in merry is to have the real Spirit of Christmas." Calvin Coolidge

Then a quote from President Monson in the Ensign further reminded me what I needed to do to this Christmas season. "The Christmases we remember best usually have little to do with worldly goods but a lot to do with the spirit of caring, the spirit of love, and the spirit of compassion."

1 comment:

  1. I think we all need these reminders each Christmas season. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete