Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Camping



I LOVE CAMPING!!

Growing up every summer my family went camping with my aunt and uncle and their family.

In 1990 my family (my mom and dad and my brothers and sisters and their families) took a week and went camping. We have been doing it every summer since. Sam was 2 when we started. Since Molly and Andrew were born in June they went camping for their first time when they were 1 month old. Jamie was born in April so she had to wait until she was 3 months old for her first camping trip.

This year Scott, Sam, and Andrew took the trailer up Sunday night, Jamie, Molly, and I went up Monday afternoon after we got done working. Sam and Scott had to work all week so they came back Monday night.


Zita had her first camping experience. She stayed one night. She like it but wasn't very impressed with the bathrooms.

Sam enjoying a s'more.



My mom and dad.



Molly and Kyle


Jamie


Katie (who doesn't usually warm up to people) made friends with Andrew.


One of the highlights every year for the kids is spending a day at Bear Lake.


This year some of the family went to Minetonka caves. They are in Paris, Idaho.


Jamie, Andrew, and Scott


It wouldn't be family camp with out painting rocks.



We are now on the next generation of campers. My nieces and nephews come with their children. The cousins all have fun playing together and there is lots of hands to help with the little ones. It is a great family tradition that I look forward to every year.











1 comment:

  1. Ty said you guys had so much fun! I'm so sorry I missed it. Hope to see you guys soon. :)

    ReplyDelete