Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Strawberry Jam

I used to always make freezer jam just because that is what I grew up with and it is what I like. My kids weren't eating very much jam so I stopped making it until last year. I got some strawberries and made jam. My kids LOVED it, so it didn't last very long. Their favorite is having it on pancakes or french toast with cool whip. Yesterday, thanks to Stephanie Harbican and her mother I got three cases of strawberries. We ate one fresh and made the other two into jam. I asked everyone who liked to eat jam to help make it. They said, "Not I," like in the little red hen. I said, "Then I'll make it myself and you won't get any. Jamie said, "No, we are the little chicks who get to help you eat it." They did all pitch in and help.

Scott mashed the berries.

Jamie added all the other ingredients to the jam while Sam read to her Peter Pan. (She had to have it read by today for her English class.)

Andrew's contribution was to take out the trash.

The finished product.





No comments:

Post a Comment