"Family life is a bit like runny peach pie--not perfect but who's complaining? --Robert Brault
The week each year I get to spend with my family is a good one. I love being with them. This year the camp ground we usually go to was still very wet and muddy so we decided to "camp" in Thatcher at my mom and dads. We have always called this week family camping. Technically we still camped. Most of us slept in tents and trailers and cooked outdoors but I think I would call it a family reunion. It didn't fulfill my desire to go camping but it accomplished the purpose we get together for and that is what counts. The pros out wayed the cons so we are going to do it in Thatcher next year. It was good for mom and dad to be able to sleep in their bed and for those who have little ones it was easier to keep track of them. I must admit flushing toilets is a BIG plus too.
Here are some of the highlights of the week.
our trailer
crafts
Kai, Kennet, Sarah
McKay, Tonya
Hunting for pennies in the sand box
Relaxing
Kennet
Katie
Bryson
Kyle
Molly
A favorite with the kids-wagon rides
Molly, Andrea, Kyle, Hallie
Mom & Aunt Shirley
Aunt Shirley, Mom, Dad
Kyle enjoying his watermelon
Landon trying his hand at golf
A simple hike to the river turned out to be quite the ordeal but we all made it.
A simple hike to the river turned out to be quite the ordeal but we all made it.
Kennet, Autumn, Sarah, Josh, Hayden, Kai, Katie, Whitney, Tara
Playing games
preparing meals
Susan & Delaine
the beach at Bear Lake
Kennet
Molly & Kennet
Water baseball
Hayden
Josh & Sarah
the spectators
Josh, Devon
Matt, Sarah
Autumn
Andrea
Katie
Whitney & Autumn
McKay, Kai
Hallie
No comments:
Post a Comment